Thursday 7 November 2013

I had written this, before it all came crushing down…

Sometime ago, I promised to do a feature on why I like Ben. Ladies, have you ever been in a relationship where the guy has eyes for every other lady except you? Let’s make it easier; ever been in a relationship where the guy has eyes for you among other ladies? Easier still; where he has eyes for you and another lady (specific one this one), probably one he was (is) dating but has no guts to tell it’s over? Much more easier; where he has eyes only for you but you catch the bastard cheating and he’s not even apologetic? Easiest of them; where you are sure you are soul mates, wait until he gets an additional soul mate to the group and he is not ashamed to announce that he’s in love with the both of you? Well guys, not my Ben! I have been in a couple of the above situations and truth be told, there’s nothing that kills my emotional nerve than being in the face of such a pig. My emotions die kaput! One day, I’m all juices flowing at the sight of you, the next day, you won’t even get a drop from my sweat pores even if I’m standing under direct scorching sunlight. I won’t lie that I believe to be the only woman sleeping with Ben, uh uh. That, I agree with you would make me a totally illusional and deluded bitch. That guy got lost on me for a freaking 3 months, and he loves his sex, and he is well endowed. That said, I would not be so surprised if he is fond of flashing his blessings around. Infact, as present as he currently is in my life, I won’t be so surprised if he turns out to be having sex 6 days a week, and you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to decipher that all that action is not with me. But, despite all that, not once in my life has Ben ever flashed a woman on my face, never!. I know like 6 women in his life: his adorable daughter, his 2 sisters (there are more but I just know of those 2), his ex-girlfriend with whom they are friends especially on the business front, his ex-wife and finally his yellow yellow bitcheous friend (sorry beau) who doubles up as his neighbor. Why am I not up all cursy about the last 3 women? (bitch is not an abuse, just in case you were about to correct me). Because he has taken his time to let me know that I am precious and not comparable. That is as it concerns his ex-girlfriend and his friend. About his ex-wife though, I feel 2 things for that woman. First of all is respect: she was there before me, way before me probably when life was not a term that I ever thought about. She also happens to have given the man that I love his most prized gift. I will always give that woman her space, I would not want to go down in history as the woman who crossed that woman, uh uh. Second, I do admit to feeling what is (shamefully) more than a twinge of envy. (Jealousy is the harmful version and mine’s not that). Why, you ask. She’s the one woman who has held that post that I currently wish for more than being president of my own company, and a position that I am unfortunately not even allowed to discuss! (Jeez! Someone should tell Ben to ease up about this topic). Like I mentioned before, she’s the only woman who has given him a baby, something I have been banned from even considering. Yaani, she is that woman who has all that I wish for. What’s worse is that she could afford to let it all fall from her grasp! Whaat now?! Clearly, we do not value things using the same priority. Anyhu, I was talking about the women in his life and how he has made me feel so special. In retrospect, I trust him completely (so no, I’m not in for that piece of juicy info you got about him). I trust he will take care of himself and me in the process. (I know, my mother should probably smash my head on the wall to get some sense into it). Frankly though, dating this guy has been one helluva an undertaking, but I have never been happier in my life (or sadder when he’s acting up). So a high five for my dude that!

Another thing I like so much about Ben. He is a damn lier, it’s like a gift, he can’t help himself. Do I like that he is a lier? Not exactly, but I like that he lies first because he wants to protect you from the harmful truth and second because he thinks that’s what you want to hear. Sweet, right? Please don’t tell him he is sweet, I think we both know why.

Lastly, east or west, the truth is that Ben is breathtakingly handsome! He is that alright, and not in the ‘beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder’ way, but more of in a universally acclaimed kind of handsomeness. To put it simply, I am not the only one who finds him annoyingly handsome, the whole world does!

No comments:

Post a Comment