Tuesday 29 October 2013

A letter from Ben

(GUEST WRITER, REAL LETTER FROM BEN)


My dear ladybird,

I know this short letter will find you in good health. The Ben you keep talking about on this blog of yours fits my description and so I hope you find it within appropriateness for me to speak out from my perspective.

It's been nearly a year since I made an acquaintance of you. During our long and intimate acquaintance and intercourse, I have no recollection of ever having heard intended foul words about me fall from your lips, nor your ranting. On the contrary, and in an apologetic manner, I am assumingly according myself a character of a man deluded by society's demands for a guy ladies want. The bad boy. In assumption, and without any foundation of fact to sustain these, I think your past had rubbed too  much of the good boy on you that the eccentric bad boy that you say I am hit your tender soul - too hard I may add - to a point of confusion.

I know you deem your efforts of turning me into what you want of which you constantly think I thwart and regard as no longer of value, but that's not the case. I know you think I perceive your efforts as a matter of amusement to myself. I know you think I thwart your earnest efforts to change me, but I don't. All I want is not to be changed. All I beg of  you is to leave things as they are between us because marriage is least of my concerns for now. Your marriage talk repulses me from you. Be patient, let the wounds of my last marriage heal and marriage will sprout from our shady acquaintance in the will of providence.

It's unfortunate I bumped into your blog site, but I won't censure you for your writings on this blog. I assume it is written in the confidence of anonymity, with no purpose, or expectation, that it would ever come to my knowledge. I appreciate that no real names are mentioned, nor is it likely that any other name other than the false name you accorded me here would ever be known in connection with it. I guess your only objective seems to be to amuse cyber space strangers at your own expense.

I am at present much occupied with professional duties, and have written to you hastily. Bear with my typos and bad grammar, but I believe I have responded to your musings all as fully as I am now capable of doing.

AND NO DOUBT, I STILL LOVE YOU LADYBIRD.

Looking forward to your reply.

Love Ben.

1 comment:

  1. My Sweetheart Ben,

    Let me take this opportunity to acknowledge that I received your letter. And yes, you and the Ben I talk about seem to have too much in common, it's likely you are one.

    Most of the times, even when speaking to you in person, I find it very hard to respond to you. Not for lack of what to say, but for the loss of how to say it. It is true, I have responded to this letter more than once (I have like 3 drafts). But none has been published because none seems to capture my intended message well enough. As we await for the mood to set in, be assured that you retain the kingdom top seat, and that is a virgin seat in this kingdom.

    ReplyDelete