Monday 15 September 2014

Getting a good man is akin to getting rich

There is a time when my facebook account had taken the form of an advice forum, for both young men and women who are in love or aspiring to be in love, that is until I met my dawa, someone who showed me that clearly it is easier said than done!

Anyway, one point that most ladies never seemed to understand is my love for a bad boy! By the way, I only date great men or men who are definitely destined for greatness, nothing short. And believe me, I have an eye for that. So when I talk about a bad boy, I do not talk of a man whore, but rather a man who eludes greatness and control in their every step  (take this literally, they all have a walking style) such that every lady wishes that one.

Let me put it this way, this life is all about feeling good, living good, and being happy. That is when you can actually call yourself blessed, not when you bring a jesus to the world. So, what makes a lady feel better that walking arm in arm with a man who everyone turns around to look at? who would not like to be the lady of the guy who rides a monster bike (and to have the authority to approach a fine looking lady and confidently tell her, "mamasita, you only get a ride, not a number")? or to be the woman who every woman looks at and says "what does he see in her?" or to be the woman who is humble, laidback, without a voice in a crowd of self feeling women, until her man approaches and she becomes the voice while the rest are left dumbstruck? if you haven't seen my point by now,...I actually have no name for you.

The benefits extend to old life. I mean, when you are 70 and at the edge, I presume you'll look back and reminisce and probably give your grand kids a wise word or two. What would you like to tell that child? and would you do it with a smile or a 'give up' sigh? You want to tell her, go for a conquerer, a man who is sure of himself like your granddad, a man who will make you proud to be a woman, because you are a member of this family and this family is made of greatness, ama you want to tell them, do what makes you happy kid, dont settle for less (like me)?

What are the thoughts of an old man who has been poor all his life? I'm thinking it would go like, "why did I end up so poor, what can I leave for my kids? how would life have been if I was rich? Why did I not take that risk?" similarly, a lady who settled for a man because he is not a challenge and she won't have to fight with other ladies thinks like this (I presume so anyway) "Was I ever beautiful? what did those ladies who ended up with a great man like (name a sexy dude who's got it) have better than me? how was life for those very lucky ladies? what can I advise my kids? to go for what they want or to have it plain but reliable like me?

After all said and done, I appreciate great men.  A great man is self made, he hustles to get what he has but does it in style. He walks with class, talks with pride, pursues with confidence, exudes greatness, declines women advances gently, leads his women (wife and daughters) with an gentle control and earns himself love and respect. 

That is why, whenever I see tens of women approach my man (in my sight, which means they could easily be hundreds when I am not there), I do not get angry or bitter. When I hear that he is going from one lunch to another with women clients, I do not get a headache. I allow myself a fast heart beat, a twinge of envy and a word of make it just  lunch because I am only human, but then I appreciate the challenge knowing carefully that it is that risk of dating a great man that will make my life worth the while. It is that risk that makes my adrenaline rush and keeps me youthful and healthy, it is a greater risk that gets you bigger results. Finally, I know I will be joyful, happiest and without regrets with this man as compared to 'okay and contented with what I have' with less.

Meanwhile I live my life to the fullest as I watch as the events of life unfold.

ps: Have you ever wondered why a man who has not talked to you for a year desperately looks you up to honour that promise of buying you choma? or why a man who had the perfect chance to date you but chose to ignore it tries to warm his way into this after 2 years? I'm having lots of these choma dates which I am taking without apology, whatever it is you want to put across, shauri yako. Mimi nikule nyama, niende kwangu. I am also having a couple of these overgrown flu cases (the second case) and I am tempted to be very rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment