Thursday 16 October 2014

Love is friendship

Its not like I'm stupid and blind that I cannot see the lies, It is not that I am unfeeling, my heart does not cringe whenever you chuck one mean statement after another, it is not that I am slow, I do not notice you avoid any circumstance that will put me in close proximity to yours, its not like I am retarded I do not notice that you like someone better, you protect someone better, you wish for something that was. I see all that, I feel all that, but I ignore it, day after day, month after month and now year after year, because I love you and deep in me I haven’t found a better dream that you and I. My meek attempts are not meant to bother you, it is said that it’s important to revisit your dreams and make sure that they make sense, that they are still valid, that they did not lose relevance while you were busy clinging onto their promise of eternal happiness.

Love truly is friendship, else it’s not complete. You know your friends , you understand them, most important, you understand where they are coming from and where they are headed. When I express my concerns about the possibility of losing my only savings in an investment, you do not turn to me and tell me ‘oh I had forgotten who I was talking to’, or ‘I just don’t know you’, you are supposed to tell me, ‘my dear, I understand you, or I don’t understand you, but your fear is unfounded, I will never expose you’. When I am near you, I am supposed to ask  how you are, how your family is, I am not supposed to feel deep fear whenever I attempt to ask about your personal life.


For sure, no matter how godly your looks are, no matter how magnificently you are created, no matter how much in control you are, no matter how much you make my knees go weak and no matter how ambitious you are; love without friendship is useless. We cannot claim to love the other when you do not genuinely care about their every aspect of life. This is not love. Whatever it is, it will never work.

No comments:

Post a Comment