Wednesday 5 June 2013

IN HIS EYES

My boyfriend is a writer, we have not dated for long (A few number of months), but he sent this to me, it kinda gave me an idea on how he sees me, but maybe you can help me analyse it further.

I IMAGINED THAT I WAS YOU, AND HERE WE GO:---

.............My ex-boyfriends taught me that the flair of the bad boy is not my place to hook and bait. They taught me that I loved myself a lot more. That I was not ready. I needed to learn to be alone first. They taught me that I needed my time to be wanted back as I wanted. They gave me good times. They kissed me good, and we had good Saturdays in bed. They taught me that there are constant lines in the vocabulary of manhood- like ‘she likes me’, ‘she kissed me first’, ‘we are just good friends’, ‘she knows about us’. They also taught me to leave a man’s facebook account alone, his phone. And if ever I feel a desire to peep into any, I am better off out already. From them, I discovered that the lover and the loved are different people, and that love is never returned in the same measure that you give it out, unless we can measure love in units. It can never be equalized. They taught me that my satisfaction- of the body and the soul was solely my own affair. And no. Not in a masturbatory kind of way. They taught me that sometimes solitude clears your mind. Makes you think! They also taught me that my wounds heal fast. Within the length of a sneeze. And that I can’t stand being a passing fancy.

The places I worked taught me that corporate is a bitch. And that I cannot afford to etch friendships that will cost me better opportunities. Work taught me that I need to feel useful in a company, and that is the only way I will get satisfied. I also learnt that you have to give your services for free sometimes, make them need you first, and then make your demands.

A boy I once liked ( not me though ) taught me that two people that are compatible with each, understand each other, even complete each other’s sentences do not necessarily have to belong together. He taught me that these people you see on FB and twitter, flaunting their big monies, they are on their 17th job, and you are on your 2nd,so it is an undoing to compare yourself with them. He taught me that money does not make you happy.

Someone (not me ) once taught me that I am too pure, as pure as the dirt I allow inside my life. And that this is now. Because it is now. And I should live it. Cling it. And as I do that, I should learn to say it well in good sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment