Wednesday 31 July 2013

Wasted day


Have you ever stayed in one place doing absolutely nothing for a full day? Well, that’s me today. Let me explain why.

Baby went on a school trip today. I know, and agree that’s a good thing, but my nerves are scattered. That baby never goes anywhere without me, and if he does, I only entrust him to a person who I know will look after baby as their sole center of focus. To put it simply, I look for that person who is always smitten with baby like I am, and who does nothing else that spoil him rotten and get worried sick about his having a running nose, now that one I can trust! Problem is, there are not many of those, and especially in a bus full of tiny tots and 3 teachers going to heaven knows where! That’s right folks, I have no idea where the quorum is headed to! I tried extracting that info from the teacher some weeks ago, but she ducked my question with they have not yet finalized on the logistics as yet. Today in the morning, I asked the same question, and she used all manner of ways to avoid the question, I let it slide for 2 reasons, one, because I knew and understood that their failing to give us the info is because they are scared we will complain that the money we were contributing was a tad too much, which frankly is not true (the complaining bit, but the money bit I suspect is), and that act is plain insensitive! That info is crucial to me as a parent, and that small walking tot is the only proof that my ovaries are actually active, and my products are admirable! Second reason why I didn’t pursue the topic was because, if I had gone on, I would have raised my voice, dangerously. I was nervous damnit! So nervous I almost didn’t let him go for the trip. What with all the stuff happening on our roads today? But worse is because I read two stories in the Daily Nation yesternight, one about a girl named Diana who survived the Msongari school accident by miracle, and the 2nd about two boys talking about their newly found drive to do well in school after the Kisii school bus accident! You guessed right, I barely slept, thinking about the whole crap. But the devil is a liar, shindwe!

That’s not the only reason I am stuck at one place the whole time. My boyfriend (is he still?) was into taking me out for lunch, which he cancelled to Friday (I think).  So next in line, I slotted my friend who has been into I visit him for so long, but I have been putting it aside because the last time I went, which was a long time ago, he only had rum in his house for a drink, and he didn’t think trying to get ‘friendly’ was any issue. Anyway, he has been very good to me lately, by very good I mean really in touch with my life and taking actions which are seriously working for me, so I felt I owed him one, I would just have to find a way of gently letting down his ‘too friendly’ gestures. Problem here is, yesterday I went shopping! Yes, you got that right. I haven’t had much money in my account but I knew my salo was in and the side jobs I had been engaging in were supposed to be paid about today. So I went to the atm and chucked some not so much amount of money. After spotting too many things which piqued my interest, I kept going back to the atm, once and again, until I had what I wanted.  So here I am, getting ready to go see my friend and somehow engage myself and my thoughts to stop thinking about the school trip, then on reacting to a 6th sense, I check, using my phone, the amount of money in my account. Believe it or not guys, I had KES 95 remaining! Yes I am serious, less that 1 sok!  I immediately fished out my laptop and modem and went straight to check on my payslip. The payslip was there alright, but instead of showing my account details, it was written cheque, everywhere. Of course I was raving mad when I called up the salary processing idiots at scan group. They informed me, and not too kindly either, that I had not completed clearing from the damn company. That is when I remembered that while clearing, I informed them, a bit too arrogantly, that I was still an employee until end month and was therefore still entitled to the medical benefits, and therefore, I would not be surrendering my card lest I get sick before end of month!

Today I have some work actually, and in no mood to do it until my baby shows up at the door, I can’t move around because, you guessed right. I used everything I withdrew yesterday, and about the other job, I still haven’t seen the money and I don’t want to pressure that guy lest he thinks I am a desperate one, which in actual sense, I am right now! Aaaahhhh! Let me text him a gentle reminder, because anyway, I need some means to drop the damn medical card off tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment