Monday 29 July 2013

We just turned 4!

Today there was what I would like to call, the unraveling of lies, ladies and gentlemen, do not lie and not inform the others of your lies, or do not skip people who you and your friends know together from a party list, and not inform your friends about it, never goes down well.
My baby is 4! Yes, that’s right, I just took a complete u turn on what I was talking about, but fret  not, all these informations, you are going to get my dearies. So today baby hopped and jumped into number 4, boy, am I not excited! You would think there is something physical to show for it, for instance, he has an extra inch of height that he didn’t have yesterday! Anyway, for him, it was another unique day because mom brought packets of sweets, biscuits and a cake to school and the kids got to sing happy birthday. Well for me, it was a whole different sort of excitement. I took an hour off and went far off back with my thoughts. I remembered the fateful cold day 4 years ago, the way I had been in pain for the past 48 hours, had not slept a wink, had not even lied down, my feet were frozen from the cold and were numb from all the standing and carrying the extra many kgs of weight. I remember the searing pain I felt that day, feeling someone pick a pair of scissors and cut you up, and you are too much into pain, all you feel for being cut is a slight sting, you cannot compare the two pains, take it from me. Then I remember the sudden relief when the baby was finally free, the nap I took almost immediately, the feeling of breast feeding for the first time, the way I would not sleep at all for nights to come for fear that someone would come and take my baby. I remembered the many wonderful moments we had together those first months, taking care of this wonderful creation. I remember the setbacks that we went through, and I say a prayer of thanksgiving because truth be told, we have a reason to smile and thank God. I remembered baby’s first birthday and why it was so unique, the presence of my cousin who has always played the role of siz, the way baby attacked that cake with a knife, you would think he knew what he was doing. I remember babys second birthday, we didn’t make a cake, instead we took a break from all the noise and bustle of the estate and went for a day out. Baby’s third birthday was not the best, baby was away and mom could not travel to see him, she sent some stuff his way, but no photos were taken. Baby’s fourth birthday will be celebrated on Sunday, welcome you all.

I look beside me and watch his peaceful expression as he sleeps. It feels like he has been here forever!  Maybe it is because I started living the day he came to my life. Ladies and gentlemen, join me in wishing my baby a happy birthday, and whenever you are saying a prayer, say a thank you on my behalf.

Missed me? I wish someone can just shout aye! you guys do know that if you use a fake name, fake address and leave a comment, it still makes an undercover, because I can tell you've been snooping anyway. Do snoop though, very welcome.

Post Script: We did celebrate baby's birthday on Sunday. I would have posted a pic here but then, that would beat the whole undercover aspect, right? And believe it or not, I would like to be able to deny ownership of this page if ever required

No comments:

Post a Comment