Thursday 18 July 2013

Wanna know where I live?

I realize that most of you have no idea of where I live, and frankly, I’m not so keen to spell it out to you blatantly. Something happened today though which I feel will give you a sense of where I live, and so here comes the most info you will ever get about my ‘home’.
So, today in the morning, I desperately needed airtime  worth KES 1000. As a normal human behavior, I started with the shop nearest to my house. He only had in stock airtime worth KES 20. That’s how my trip around the shopping centre started, seriously! I did a 360⁰ and finally this is what I carried to my house: 6 KES 100 airtimes, 4 KES 50 airtimes and 10 KES 20 airtimes. Mind you, all from different shops.
In this place, never bother to look for packed milk or Mala, we don’t stock such ‘unfresh’ stuff here, we get it straight from the cow!
Dare you stay in town past 2130 hrs even on a proper weekend, I say make sure you have your own ride or you have with you enough cab fare, and by enough, I do not mean KES 1000, seriously!
Anyway, this place might not be convenient, but I do get whatever I want somehow, so I’m staying put!

Now you know I don’t live in Kayole, Umo, Mlolongo, Githurai… and I have never kid myself at any point that you guys think I come from upstate areas such as Valley Arcade or Kitusuru or or or…

No comments:

Post a Comment